[vc_section][vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”314″ img_size=”large” alignment=”center”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Medicare Supplements, or Medigap, is a plan sold by private insurance companies to fill in the coverage gaps, deductibles and co-payments that Original Medicare does not cover. For instance, if Medicare covers 80 percent of a doctor’s visit, Medicare Supplements will cover the remaining 20 percent. With Medicare Supplements, there is little or no additional cost to you for health care beyond your monthly premium.
Medigap policies are standardized and regulated by law. This means that each company must offer the same plans (Parts A-N) with the only difference being the price. However, prices can vary widely between companies. We can help you weed through the options to find the right provider with the right price for you.
The Medigap policy you purchase must be clearly identified as “Medicare Supplement Insurance.” There are 10 different Medigap basic benefits options to choose from. Plans are labeled A, B, C, D, F, G, K, L, M, and N (Plans E, H, I, and J are no longer available). Plans with innovative benefits may be available and offer by a company.
With a Medicare Supplement policy, you still need to get a Medicare Part D or Prescription Drug plan as a separate policy. To see more about Medicare Part D plans Click Here.[/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”382″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][vc_empty_space][vc_column_text]*Pre-existing conditions are generally health conditions that existed before the start of a policy. They may limit coverage, be excluded from coverage, or even prevent you from being approved for a policy; however, the exact definition and relevant limitations or exclusions of coverage will vary with each plan, so check a specific plan’s official plan documents to understand how that plan handles pre-existing conditions. Se what Medicare has to say about Supplements (or Medgap) policies.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][/vc_column][/vc_row][/vc_section]